The Millarworld is a series of interconnected comics published by Marvel Comics or Image Comics, all written by Mark Millar.
They vary in subject matter, but not in tone: Millar’s writing is bombastic and frequently immature. Suspend your critical faculties, and have some fun.
- American Jesus, vol.1: Chosen
- Reprints Chosen #1-3 (February 2004 – August 2004).
The events of this book are referred to in Wanted.
Dating American Jesus is difficult, but they main body of it must occur between 1975 (when the Pepsi Challenge was introduced) and 1982 (when the Commodore 64 first went on sale). A reference to TJ Hooker, which premiered a few months after the C64 hit the market, coupled with the fact that school is still in session, nails the timeframe down to approximately Spring 1982 (the C64 must have been a slow seller in Peoria). Furthermore, since Wanted takes place in 2004 prior to the election, I have assumed that it is the 2000 election in which Jodie Christianson becomes US President (and that, presumably, occult powers were used to amend the Constitution to allow someone so young to become President). The “present day” sequence of American Jesus are therefore assumed to take place in 2001, and assuming that Jodie is 30 at that time (paralleling the age of Jesus when he began his ministry in the gospels, that places the main body of the story in 1982.
- Marvel 1985
- Reprints Marvel 1985 #1-6 (July 2008 – December 2008).
In Kick-Ass, when Johnny Genovese is first introduced, he’s buying a copy of this title, which the author swears is a true story and really happened. It’s also canonical in the Marvel Universe, too.
- Reprints Wanted #1-6 (December 2003- February 2005).
According to Millar himself, Wanted also takes place in this universe.
- Reprints Kick-Ass #1-8 (April 2008 – March 2010)
- Kick-Ass 2 Prelude: Hit-Girl
- Reprints Hit-Girl #1-5 (August 2012 – April 2013)
- Kick-Ass 2
- Reprints Kick-Ass 2 #1-7 (December 2010 – May 2012)
- Kick-Ass 3
- Reprints Kick-Ass 3 #1-8 (July 2013 – October 2014).
Note that the epilogue to this story apparently takes place in 2014, confirming the places of all the titles dated 2014 in this universe.
- Reprints Millar & McNiven’s Nemesis #1-4 (May 2010 – February 2011)
- The Secret Service: Kingsman
- Reprints Secret Service #1-6 (June 2012 – April 2013).
The British TV series The Avengers, Danger Man and The Saint are also in this universe according to The Secret Service.
- Reprints MPH #1-5 (May 2014 – February 2015)
- Reprints Superior #1-7 (December 2010 – March 2012).
In addition, the following Mark Millar titles exist as movies in Millarworld:
- Jupiter’s Circle, vol.1
- Reprints Jupiter’s Circle #1-6 (April 2013 – January 2015).
- Jupiter’s Circle, vol.2
- Reprints Jupiter’s Circle, volume 2 #1-6 (November 2015 – May 2016).
- Jupiter’s Legacy, vol.1
- Reprints Jupiter’s Legacy #1-5 (April 2013 – January 2015).
- Jupiter’s Legacy, vol.2
- Reprints Jupiter’s Legacy, volume 2 #1-4 (June 2016 – September 2016).
- Starlight, vol.1
- Reprints Starlight #1-6 (March 2014 – October 2014).
- Super Crooks
- Reprints Super Crooks #1-4 (May 2012 – August 2012).