- Jack Kirby’s Fourth World Omnibus, vol. 3
- Reprints Forever People #7-10, Mister Miracle #7-9, The New Gods #7-10, Superman’s Pal Jimmy Olsen #146-148.
- Jack Kirby’s Fourth World Omnibus, vol. 4
- Reprints Forever People #11, Mister Miracle #10-18, The New Gods #11, The New Gods vol. 2, #6, DC Graphic Novel #4: The Hunger Dogs (graphic novel); On the Road to Armagetto! (previously unpublished).
- Batman: Tales of the Demon
- Reprints Detective Comics #411, 485 & 489-490 (May 1971, August-September 1979 & April 1980 – May 1990); Batman #232, 235, 240 & 242-244 (July 1971, September 1971, March 1972 & June 1972 – September 1972); & DC Special Series #15 (Summer 1978).
Placed here for the earliest appearance of Ra’s al Ghul.
- Batman: Night Cries
- Manhunter by Archie Goodwin and Walter Simonson
- This is the Paul Kirk version of the character.
- Batman: Through the Looking Glass
- Original graphic novel (2011).
This is a difficult story to place, as Batman appears not to recognise several well-established villains (the Mad Hatter, Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum) during this story, which would seem to imply that this is their first appearance. On the other hand, Robin’s age argues for a later placement – and there are no other chronological cues in the book. I have chosen to assume that Batman’s addled state throughout much of this story accounts for his failure to recognise the villains and placed it here as a best fit.
The Post-Crisis DC Universe
Previous – Year Six | Next – Year Eight